Verner Panton, born in Gamtofte, Denmark, attended the Technical School in Odense and then studied architecture at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Copenhagen. From 1950-1952 he worked in Arne Jacobsen's architectural office and in 1955 he founded his own architecture and design studio. He first attracted attention with his furniture based on geometric shapes, manufactured by the company “Plus-linje”. In the following years, numerous seating furniture and lamps were created.